Friday, April 22, 2011

Adventures.

I am one of those people who loves small adventures. I remember as a child watching a children's movie called Serendipity, I know there is a romantic comedy called that too but it is not the one I am talking about. It was about a little boy, who was on an expedition with his parents and somehow the ship they are on gets into a wreck and he ends up on a floating egg type thing and gets to a tropical island. The island is filled with small creatures that talk and have these neat little houses etc. Anyway, I remember as a child pretending I was on adventures like that. Kinda The-Swiss-Family-Robinson-esque. I am one of those people who has this imagination and need to try and recreate it.

I have this list full of things I want to do. Most of the things aren't hard tasks but, before I do them I want to be wearing the perfect dress, or have the perfect picnic basket (Which by the way I have now), or the perfect quilt. I want to be able to take a picture of it that looks as though it could be in a magazine. That said, with those few adventures I have such particular needs for I also have ones that I don't have needs for and this last weekend I got to do some of them.



Is that not absolutely stunning, I only live an hour away from here. Someday I will come back to this place, and I will be wearing the perfect picnic dress and have the perfect picnic quilt, and me and my future littles will sit and enjoy watching the kite surfers, and perhaps we will bring a kite to fly in the sky. Till then though, look at that view!

I tried to make it so I could capture all the kite surfers but, they are hard to see. There were a ton of them.

We also went to this miniature land with the most amazing re-creations of places in the world and different times in the world, and also some really neat miniature fantasies. It was perfect. I felt like a child as my eyes leaped from one thing to another. It was a most lovely adventure, and I was wearing the most perfect outfit for it.

(this is a miniature re-creation of part of WWII)

"We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries every day with new experience and character."
-Henry David Thoreau

No comments: