Friday, July 8, 2011

My Sister is Getting Married!

In one week and one day my sister will be walking down an aisle towards her lovely soon-to-be-husband. I am so excited for her. Being married is awesome.
Wont lie though, it is the end of an era and it is kind of making me teary eyed. I've been looking back at photos, I am in charge of her slideshow so I couldn't help it, and it is incredible to me how fast it has all gone. 

It seems like just a week ago she was letting me hang out with her and her friends because I wasn't able to make any of my own. Growing up she was my best friend, probably because she had to love me but, and where you invest your love you invest your life. I was just so fortunate to have her love me and therefore invest her life in me.



She was the one who showed me where the chocolate chips were so I could sneak them. She was the one who did my hair for dances. She was the one I'd talk to about boys, and boy trouble. She was the one who would dress up with me, sometimes requiring underwear as headgear and plastic bags as capes, to attack dad when he got home from work. She was often my partner in crime, helping me sneak cookies from the garage, stay up late to watch The O.C., and drive old Rufus Rustus before I got my "L" because I needed "practice". She was the one I'd cry to when something went wrong. She is the best friend I could ever ask for and the most amazing sister I was lucky enough to have.



Now here we are, about to start a whole new era. We are married. We are going to call and try and help each other with marital woes; We will discuss which laundry detergent is best for those pesky grass stains, what is best at ridding the tub of scum, how to keep misquotes at bay....it is vitamin C by the way, and where to find the best most figure flattering jeans. I am excited about this new era but, I am going to miss the last era for a while I think.



I love you Kirsten....so much. I pray your marriage is blessed. May you be forever loved by your amazing Mike. 

No comments: