Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What brings me...

JOY!

1. My dearest, most darling Husband. He is my companion. God picked him out just for me, God knew what I needed, what I longed for, and made sure that he made a man that fit that description. I am truly blessed in how perfect our puzzle pieces fit together.

He is mine and I am his
2. My large, unique, awkward, lovely family. I am the second of five children. I was blessed to be part of such a large a loving family. I have the most beautiful mother. She always allowed me to be me, my unique self. She is amazing. She is vibrant, enthusiastic, kind, caring, nurturing. Even with five children she was always able to make each of us feel loved, feel special, we were never just one of five, we were special, unique, we were hers. 

I was also so blessed to have the most amazing father. He loved us all so much. He is the most hardworking man I know. As a little one I always wanted to be just like my daddy. I remember when I was four asking for a tool box for Christmas just so I could be like my dad the carpenter. My dad used to make me porridge every morning, I would crawl up onto his lap and he would help me put spoonfuls of porridge into my mouth, and he would hold the raisins just for me, even though he loved them.
3. Letters. I love letters. My darling hubby and I still write little love letters to each other whenever one of is gone. There are times where I just sit and read through the letters and this downpour of love washes over me. I am so blessed to have the love I have, to feel the love I feel.

4. Children. I may not have my own yet, but I love taking care of them, playing with them, and watching them grow. This past week I was so lucky to photograph my friend and her little girl. I have watched this little grow from day one and here she is three and I can barely believe that I have been so blessed to be part of this littles life. I look forward to having my own someday and watching them grow and become people, with their own unique personality.
 

























5. Books. I love books, and not just any books, children's books. I have a huge collection. I can't walk through a mall without visiting the children's section of a book store. I love pictures, I love the words, and how this simple book can have so much meaning and tell an even greater story than a novel. Children's books can be amazingly profound and I love that.

6. Dancing. I don't do it often enough, but when I do I get this overwhelming sense of happiness. When I am dancing I know I am sucking the happiness out of the moment breathing in every bit of it and I love that feeling. It fills me up with those lovely endorphins.

7. My new chairs. At the moment they are filling me with joy. They just make this room so much more. They are super comfortable, and super elegant. And they look especially good with the nice blue pillows I decorated them with! Yes, these new chairs are amazing!

8. My nice, reliable old SLR. I got it out again to take some lovely photographs with film and I rediscovered me love for that camera. It takes such amazing photos, with such a lovely feel. Ones like this:

9. Thunderstorms. Today I was cleaning my house, getting ready for the big move, and suddenly my house was hit with a downpour of rain. It was sudden, and it was beautiful and by 3 pm we were in full throttle thunderstorm mode. It was beautiful. The feelings that thunderstorms create, a lovely sense of closeness and comfort, it is amazing. Curling up on my couch with a hot chocolate was just a bonus.

10. Rocco, my kitten. She may be the last on this list but, she is certainly not the least. My lovely little Rocco and her curiosity just warms my heart. She is always making such peculiar noises and is constantly finding things to play with. She is my day companion and I enjoy her thoroughly, she reminds me that sometimes I should let myself play!






No comments: