Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kid Stuff: Magic Mud

I've been meaning to do this for quite sometime but, finally I have gotten around to it. I thought I'd try to make this a weekly pursuit. What is this? Well, for those who don't know I am a nanny and because of this I am often looking for easy ways to have fun with little ones that requires little effort. So, I thought I'd start featuring easy, fun, things to do with youngsters that keep them preoccupied for a LONG time. These things will consist of - but not be limited to - simple experiments, creative craft endeavors, easy outings, and fast feasts.


Lets hope I can keep this up. Enjoy!




Magic Mud
What you need:
-cornstarch
-water
-food coloring
-bowl or pan



1.) Put cornstarch into bowl (I typically use about a cup of cornstarch) add water (about 2/3 to 3/4 cup).



2.) Add food coloring.



3.) Stir.



This is something that can be fun for all ages, even I like it, although I would caution with children under two watch them carefully because they tend to put things in their mouth. This is non-toxic but probably doesn't taste too good.



No comments: