Wednesday, February 13, 2013

An Ode To The Quiet Morning

My husband is snoring in the other room. I am up early, it seems this little one growing inside me has a different perception of what time it is and thought that the perfect moment to wake up mom was 5:30. I do enjoy quiet mornings like this. Listening to the lights buzz as they tell the world they are awake.

A pot is simmering on the stove slowly making me my breakfast. A hardy breakfast does me good, keeps my crazy appetite at bay for a good chunk of the day.

Rocco peacefully purrs beside me as I pet her, so easily content and happy to have someone awake with her. Her almost soundless pitter patter follows me around the house as I get ready for the day, as to make sure I wont disappear. Occasionally she sits at the bedroom door letting out a soft mew hoping Ben will soon accompany us in our morning routine.

I watch as the world slowly wakes up around me. Neighbors begin to turn on their lights, the black of the night slowly melts away allowing the dewy blue of the morning to take its place and  cars start to pull onto the road as their passengers begin their journey to work.

I look forward to sharing the morning with my wee one. Curling up together in my hammock during a summer morning, nursing the wee one as the rest of the world wakes up around us. My beloved mornings, I look forward to sharing you.

No comments: