Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh how I Love...

Books.

I have been a fan for quite sometime. I have quite a collection and if we had more bookshelves I would be collecting more books with great vigor. I am not a collector of just any kind of book though. I don't read novels, I am not a huge fan of non-fiction, I like my books to be short, sweet, and from the children section. 



I have admittedly spent hours sitting in bookstores, tucked away in a corner, reading. I take great pleasure in breathing in the distinctive "book smell", especially the even more potent "old book smell" that tends to accumulate in second hand book stores.

I prefer hard cover books. I will pay more for a book just to ensure that it has a hard cover. They last longer. They look prettier on a book shelf. They are worth the little extra cash.

Why am I telling you this? Because that is how I spent the day. I spent at least two hours perusing Chapters and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Maybe I will do a little series on my favorite children's books, ones that I think are must haves in every household.

Happy to be back!

No comments: