Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I always loved that song and as a child I would try and sing along to it...with very little luck. In High School I was backstage crew for our High School performances of "The Sound of Music", this is where I finally got the words memorized. But, that song is not what I am writing about today. Today I am going to tell you one of my favorite things, or two.

Today, I am going to tell you about my infatuation with picnics. As I child picnics meant going to the park, enjoying the simple things in life. Picnics have always tugged on my heart-strings. Picnics somehow make everything in life okay, all the devastation that you may have been feeling moments earlier are now gone because you are soaking up the love that is a picnic. Picnics immerse you in an atmosphere that loves you. Lets face it you never go on a picnic with someone that doesn't care a lot for you. Picnics bring you to a lovely place, with someone you find lovely.

Today, I got to have a picnic- a picnic filled with grapes, sandwiches, and laughter. Today I got to soak in the beauty of life. Today I got to live, and I got a picnic. I love picnics for so many reasons. I love picnics because I get to dress up in lovely flowing dresses. I love picnics because I get to get out my picnic basket...you know one of those baskets that have  a flap on either side of the handle...and I get to fill it up with wonderful fresh food. I just love picnics. 



and I love my husband for taking me on them.

No comments: