Thursday, November 11, 2010

My New Home

Last time I posted I was still living in Cranbrook. What can I say? I've been busy, not necessarily with work, although with a start on Monday I am sure that will soon keep me fairly preoccupied as well. Trying to get our apartment feeling like home, putting up photos and getting things organized. I've been a pretty decent little housewife. On top of getting things organized at home I have also been busy finding my way through a new city. I can now say that I barely ever get lost, and even when I do I can, for the most part, find my way out. On top of that Ben has been going to school and we have both started volunteering with the Young Life here. With that here is a simple visual of my last few months.



(an Young Life event we did with our whole Young Life region of the Island)

(I live five minutes away from here.)


 (This may make me sound ridiculous but, when I first saw the glimmer of this shell I was so excited because I thought it was a pearl. I was saddened when I was wrong but, it makes for a great picture...or two)

Even though I have been busy figuring this place out there are still quite a few things I want to do. So...I think I will make a list and slowly cross things off.

1. Find myself a cute quite cafe.

2. Maybe find a knitting club of sorts...or make one myself.

3. Join a gym. (almost there)

4. Learn something new....maybe an instrument.

5. Go to Tofino.

6. Explore more of the Island with Ben.

7. Find a nice, inexpensive Hair Salon.

8. Build up my photography portfolio.

9. Try some new kinds of food.

10. Finish a knitting project. (Working on another new one!)


The world is full of wonders to be bored is self-imposed. 


No comments: