Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Three Months From Now

(written on January. 1, 2011)



Three months from now I am going to be healthier, stronger, and have the ability to will myself into who I want to be. I will be making my meals, I'll be taking care of my body and only allowing the best into it.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I understand that this passage is written about sexual immorality but, I believe that it can even go as far as health. Our body is God's temple, therefore I should keep God's temple clean from unhealthy things not only physically, mentally, and emotionally, but also in context of food. I should not allow my body to become filled with junk. I should not allow myself to get away with gaining an immense amount of weight and chalk it up to being stress. God has the power to move mountains, therefore he has the power to help me change.

In three months I hope to be in a place where I am more physically fit and have the willpower to continue even when I feel like giving up. In three months I should be healthier in all ways, and through this gain security in myself, in who I am.


No comments: