Sunday, January 30, 2011

ill.

There are moments where I miss my mother like crazy, last night was one of them. I don't think I am alone in this one either, when I am sick I wish my mom was there to baby me and make me feel better. Sadly my mother lives 1000km away. 

So instead I curled up in my bed, took two rolaids and crossed my fingers that that would be it. I was wrong! At 1am I woke and moaned and groaned for a while trying to find a comfortable position to fall back asleep in, then realized that actually I should go to the bathroom to puke. There I sat for a few hours before slowly picking myself up and inching back to the bedroom.

(my little tool kit to fend off the nausea)

During this whole ordeal my Benjamin was so sweet to be the one who brought me my bucket and then some water and topped it off with a nice package of  rolaid chews. Poor guy slept on the couch, where he was often woken up by my lovely moaning sounds. He is such a trooper.


To put it casually I feel miserable and am now aching all over, but sometimes there are days like this where I feel like death, look like death and probably smell like death...even though I have had a shower.


Getting sick sucks, but it is life. Can I just cross my fingers and say that I hope it means I get tomorrow off. I don't think I can manage going shopping with a one and four year old.

P.S. I really miss my mommy.

No comments: