Friday, February 10, 2012

Oh...Life is Beautiful.

I am a morning person. I go to bed early and wake up early. I sit sipping tea and eating porridge and listening to birds slowly decide it is time to wake. I smile as I hear the sweet sighs of my sleeping husband in the other room. Oh....Life is Beautiful.
As I wake my little cat calls to me excited that I too am now awake. Often times bringing my a little toy mouse that I can throw for her to fetch. Eventually she curls up on my legs as I surf through my sites on the internet. I quite enjoy my morning friend.

As time drifts by I start to hear more and more cars pass by our apartment on their way to work and the birds singing becomes part of a larger song of the business of the morning. I love my slow mornings and know that someday they wont be so slow. So I'll enjoy them now.

As a young child I used to sit on my fathers lap and eat porridge with him in the mornings. Even though he lives so far away, sometimes in the morning while I eat my porridge I think that maybe he too is eating porridge and we are enjoying it together. Weird how a such a simple memory triggers things and becomes much less simple and so much more lovely.

The rain has been falling for a few days and I am really looking forward to the lovely blossoms we are bound to get someday soon.

Happy Weekend,

No comments: