Saturday, December 4, 2010

and now....

things keep moving. It is crazy how in one moment we can be completely distraught and lost and soon, soon life turns around and we are all better. It is as if mom has kissed our boo-boo and now we are 100%. I am a resilient person. I am brilliant at bouncing back. That said, as brilliant as I bounce back sometimes things take a little longer to patch up than I would like. Yes, I am pretty good at being Mrs.Optimistic. Yes, there have been a ton of moments where I can smile and laugh and pretend as if nothing is the matter....not even pretend, I guess more live in the moment but, at the end of the day my heart is burdened and I feel it again. This is going to take time, my mom can't kiss this boo-boo gone. This is a fight, this is real, and this is hard. It will be won though, and I will be smiling the whole time as I cheer on! While this race is going though I am going to savor every sweet drop! Oh, this will be honey. 


Things will get fixed. This boo-boo may leave a scar but, it will get better. And hey, what is the point of getting hurt if you don't have an awesome battle wound to show for it!




Things may not be perfect but really, who wants perfection, perfection is boring, there is nothing to strive for. I'm striving for something, I'm not sure what yet, but hey I'm striving!


I'll keep you posted on how that is progressing.




"Give me the comma of imperfect striving, thus to find zest in the immediate living. Ever the reaching but never the gaining, ever the climbing but never the attaining of the mountain top."
-Winston Graham

No comments: