Friday, December 24, 2010

Four Years Ago...(and one day)

Four years ago today I was looking for an excuse to get out of a party. Four years ago today Ben willing obliged saying he'd love to be my reason to leave. Four years today ago I bundled up and left a party early nervously and anxiously walking to his house in the snow. Four years ago today our journey together started. 


(our first picture together. or second)

It is hard to believe how much has happened in the last four years. How these past few years have taken us through so much, teaching us, showing us, and amazing us in ways we would have never thought. I feel so privileged to be able to be with this man and travel with him and hold his hand through the journey.


Since that fateful day four years ago I've had more adventures and gone more places than I ever had before.  Our relationship not only survived the many stresses life threw at us, it blossomed and flourished through it all. Ben was able to love me at my worst and handle me at my craziest, and never because he had to, always because he wanted to.




I am completely head-over-heels. There are moments where it all seems so surreal, like I am stuck in some fantastic dream. How did I get here? How am I so lucky? Yes there have been struggles, as there always is, but those pass and I am left with this man, this fantastic man, who brings me pure joy. I am so blessed to be here, to be in love, and to be loved so completely.




I am very blessed and I am totally loving my life. 




"Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all your thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes and let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you never lived before" -Enrich Fromm

No comments: