Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the LORD,"plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."


These past few weeks have been difficult, to put it lightly. There has been a lot of pain and hurt (I am not going to go into a great amount of detail). It is hard not to feel broken when everything is falling down around you. 


Life's stresses have been climbing higher and higher and I have been suffocating beneath them. It's as if I am drowning in an ocean and there is a boat right beside me I just can't pull my body up into it. The thing that is even more difficult is I am just a bystander to this whole thing. I'm secondary in this fight. I am watching someone else suffer through the anxiety of life and I am taking it all on myself. And, there is nothing I can do to make it better.


So, why the passage? Why on earth would I pick a verse that talks about a future and a hope? Because I have hope for a future and although I feel broke I know there is wholeness in God. He is there and he is so willing to help, and does, I just sometimes am so broken I can't see it. We will get through this, we will learn, we will progress, things will get better, and in the end we will be better for this. 


Just sometimes it is hard to be positive when everything around you feels so negative. 


So for right now I will be the little engine that could, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can." Maybe soon it will turn into an, "I know I can!"


People all over go through things like this, and so often they pass through them and succeed with flying colours. This to shall pass and soon I will be in the land where Unicorns poop rainbows and dragon tears turn into Jelly Beans! See you all on the other side of despair, I will be there shortly.


(If I had a picture of a unicorn pooping a rainbow I'd totally put it here....Instead, a picture that gives me pure joy! Aren't these girls sublime!)

No comments: