Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Monday

Most people dread Mondays. Waking up earlier, getting ready for work, slowly shuffling from the bedroom to the bathroom to start the morning routine. Typically I am that way too. The weekends are great, we count down to them. Monday, well Monday is the least favorite day to many.

This Monday, however, is great. Why, you might ask? Well because this Monday was the beginning of something new and well, sometimes starting fresh is good. Today was my first day at a new job. It is only a temp position and wont last me long but to even have a position is very good. It really lifts a weight of my shoulders. I am a photographers assistant for the Santa photos in the mall. I get to spend my day talking to children who are eagerly anticipating and patiently, and not so patiently, waiting to sit on his lap and tell him exactly what they wont for Christmas...all while their parents are taking notes in the corner. I get to bring joy during this most joyous time of the year. It was my first day, and I am loving it.

This Monday, I heard some most exciting news. My mom was able to get plane tickets for Ben and I and we will be able to join my family on Christmas day. My mom said that it is a Christmas present for the family, and I tend to agree. I have been moping around about this for a while. I would cry occasionally about how I wouldn't be able to join my family, I was truly ecstatic to find out what my parents did for us, we really wouldn't have been able to do this without them.
So to celebrate this fabulous, amazing, delightful, fantastic, all around lovely Monday, I decided to make some cookie dough fruit dip and enjoy it with my apples.  



Here is the recipe:
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup toffee bits
Instructions
  1. Cream together cream cheese and butter.
  2. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined.
  3. Serve with graham crackers or apple wedges.




No comments: